Tuesday 3 June 2008

Day 2

Day 2:

My Operator wasn’t terribly impressed by me. I think she was shocked at my adding almost an entire day to my sentence, and told me I wasn’t adjusting well to my new lifestyle.

What is it with all this talk of adjusting and accepting? If I accept being a Bane, then I’ll stop resisting it, and I’ll start wanting to be one forever!

I challenged my Operator on that point, accusing the Program staff of trying to mass-produce permanent Banes for their own twisted pleasure. She denied it, and told me about one of her recent charges who apparently was lucky enough to get through his 36 hour sentence without any violations whatsoever.

Hmpf. We can’t all be that lucky, Mr. Perfect!

Anyways, my Operator listened as I explained what had happened during the previous night. She was sympathetic, and promised action would be taken against the second bully. I don’t know if the Banes who were griefed while AFK were going to be compensated, but my Operator told me in no uncertain terms that I would not be. I was going to have to get through the extra 21 hours, no matter how they had been inflicted on me.

This made me really angry, but more at my Custodian and its lack of compassion than anything else. Almost all of the violations, especially the most serious ones, had been caused by me trying to defend other Banes from the bully. This didn’t seem to make any difference, and I was simply told to learn that a Bane must not take action.

Fine. No more helping others for me.

I wasn’t annoyed for too long, really. A couple of hours after the chat with my Operator, some of the visitors to Zhora were back and encouraged me once again to struggle on through my sentence.

An either stupid or nasty fellow-Bane, who took it upon himself to deliberately run into me and cause a violation was the only additional bad moment and I managed to pass the rest of my time undisturbed. It was still hell, trying to cope with the new lifestyle, but without griefers things seemed a lot more bearable.

No comments: