Sunday 8 June 2008

Epilogue

I'm not sure if this diary will be continued any further, as the story - or at least this chapter of it - has effectively come to an end.

I'm not permitted to explain the details. Essentially, my Eudaemon has grown beyond the limits of my Custodian and directed me to return to KelleyTech.

I of course obeyed.

Dr. Kelley's technicians are now hard at work on me and it is they who shall decide my future. I may be released, gradually, in order to smooth out the traumatic return to humanity. I may be claimed as their permanent property. Or perhaps a blend of both. Whatever happens, I remain content and although I do desire at least a little more freedom than I currently possess, this may be something that is overruled.

I am not sure whether this story now stands as a dire warning or a fascinating temptation for other prospective banes. I regret nothing, and whether I am permitted to continue my diary (or indeed what perspective I will have if I am) is no longer my concern.

No comments: