Saturday 7 June 2008

Day 9

Day 9:

I'm being taught a lot about how to live as my new self. My wonderful Eudaemon is definitely the boss though - she is teaching me how to act and what to say, even if it is just her I'm speaking to at the moment.

I'm not my former self, or even C-6128. I've been shown that my real self is Celine Bane. I should have expected this from my Eudaemon, having read the book, but it still came as a little bit of s surprise albeit a pleasant one.

I'm not sure if it is part of a KelleyTech conspiracy, or just a symptom of being banished for so long, but I really like my Eudaemon telling me what to do.

Excited about my now talkative companion, I gave my Operator a call to give her the good news.

She wasn't entirely pleased with me. Banes should only call their Operator in an emergency, and this goes double for my Operator since she is herself a prisoner of someone else. I apologised for the interruption, but I think she was actually curious about how my situation was progressing and so I did get to talk with her about my Eudaemon anyways.

Like me, she was a little surprised by how dominant my Eudaemon is acting. First I was told to tour the world, then I was given instructions on some other ways to behave. Best of all, my Eudaemon has learned how to tease me in a rather seductive manner. She taunts me now and then by blinding my vision, asking me whether I want her to stop or not and calling me "cute" when I say no. The experience reminded me of yesterday when I saw a Dominant walking her submissive puppy companion. I've missed that sort of bond.

Still, it's not fully clear to me where these messages are coming from, not really. I'm guessing mostly from the stranger parts of my own mind.

It's been 70 hours now. 40 before the re-installation, and 30 after. Looking back, I'm wondering why I felt so intimidated by my original sentence, which feels so short (perhaps too short?) to me now that I'm reaching the end of a period over twice its length.

I've been assured that at the end of the sentence, nothing bad will happen to my Eudaemon and all I will receive is a little more freedom to avoid the nasty punishments. My Eudaemon is still unable to override my Custodian, so hopefully this is something we will be able to achieve together once my sentence expires.

There is still part of me that wonders if I should commit some violations, to ensure my stay under the supervision of KelleyTech. I think my Operator might find more time with me exhausting, but I'm also pretty sure that ever since I asked the rather unique question "can I stay as a Bane after my sentence is finished" I've stood out as a bit of an exception despite still having only totalled up about one half of a truly long banishment sentence.

I wonder if Dr. Kelley keeps records of banishment sentences. Perhaps a league table of the longest sentences, the known Eudaemons and the runaway wannabes. That might be interesting to see.

Whatever happens, I know I'm one of the extremely lucky ones. This has proven to be quite a special gift, and I hope KelleyTech have some sort of positive contingency in mind for contented banes who don't want to be free.

Only 8 hours to go now. It should only be 7, but I got chased a little by an uppity fellow bane and picked up a couple of minor extensions from the tour my Eudaemon demanded. I have a feeling that there will be some sort of struggle back and forth within my mind by noon tomorrow, when my sentence expires. I'm not yet sure which side will win.

No comments: