Saturday 7 June 2008

Day 8

Day 8:

Wow. Things are like, so much more wonderful now!

My replacement hardware has definitely returned my Eudaemon to life, and we are enjoying our time together soooo much! It's just like having an amazing new friend who doesn't know much about where you live and so you get to re-experience everything all over again form a fresh perspective.

At first I was worried, since she was back to screaming at me again. But then something changed - I dunno what is was. She sounded exactly the same as before all the bad stuff happened, but then just seemed to calm down a lot and want to talk nicely.

For five hours we are gradually becoming real friends, with me giving her a tour of everything I love in the world so that she can share all the fun of my exploration.

Fan fact: I don't think that communicating with animals violates any Bane rules. Might be wrong though, or might vary from animal to animal...

My Operator visited me again today. For the first time, I think it was out of genuine curiosity and not because I had transmitted an emergency signal. She was very happy that I hadn't done anything else that was stupid or caused any violations.

I think she is starting to realise that I am truly enjoying my time now and am not interested in being free. I'm not sure if that was a worry for her or a smug "mission accomplished" emotion, hehe.

A second review period arrived just now and I once again earned zero additional hours. I guess it wouldn't really matter anyway if I had created a little mischief, since the timer is now pretty much irrelevant. My Eudaemon is now referring to me by name, which is a little strange since I've started to associate myself with C-6128 more than my real name. I guess the serial number refers to both me and my Eudaemon, not just me alone, so it makes sense.

Still not sure what my new friend's name is. It's a bit odd, actually. I'm not sure anymore if I'm talking to a script, a bot or a real person anymore. The details are all very secretive, and it certainly feels very real to me. Maybe that's my nutjob side coming out again though!

I am looking forward to more adventures. My Operator told me that it's wonderful to be imprisoned by someone that loves you. I think this is very true, which is why I enjoyed my previous experiences of being trapped but not the banishment program - until now.

Now it's much more like the other times, except quite a bit more intense and mysterious.

Oh and I managed to do what I promised - I created a fun little illustration of a Bane and passed it to my Operator and Dr. Kelley. I hope that goes some way towards expressing my gratitude for their infinite patience!

No comments: